1. Cook quinoa; (I cooked 1/2 cup raw but used about 1/2 of it cooked).
2. Saute sliced mushrooms in olive oil. I also put about 1/2 tbls of butter.
3. Added diced chicken just to warm
4. Add spinach and toss. Don't let the spinach get over cooked. Just enough to soften and warm.
5. Add quinoa
6. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Top with Feta Cheese
So proud of myself. I got adventurous and had wonderful results. I enjoyed every bite.
In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup water and a pinch of sea salt to a boil Stir couscous into the boiling water, cover with a lid and remove from heat. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Set aside and allow to cool, then fluff with a fork.
Cut the pre-cooked chicken into bite-size pieces.
Place lettuce in the bottom of salad bowl. Layer on chicken, cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. Top with 1/2 cup cooled couscous.
In a Mason jar with a lid, add dressing ingredients and shake until well-combined, about 15 seconds. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad. Add crumbled olives and feta and toss lightly. Serve at room temperature. Serve with toasted pita if desired.
Sign up for my Monthly Newsletter and receive “25 Lifestyle Tips”